Special Educational Needs and Disability
Our Inclusion Leader monitors the progress of all children with special educational needs, oversees the work of the Learning Support Assistants (LSAs) and advises the class teachers. Occasionally the Inclusion Leader may consult/refer children for specialist help and advice, including Learning and Language Support (LLS), Behaviour Support (BS) and Educational Psychologists (EP).
For additional information, please refer to our SEND Information Report.
At St Lawrence, we value:
- The views, wishes and feelings of the child and the child’s parents
- The importance of the child, and the child’s parents, participating as fully as possible in decisions, and being provided with the information and support necessary to enable participation in those decisions
- The need to support the child, and the child’s parents, in order to facilitate the development of the child and to help them achieve the best possible educational and other outcomes, preparing them effectively for adulthood
We believe in the importance of:
- The participation of children and their parents in decision-making
- The early identification of children’s needs and early intervention to support them
- Greater choice and control for children and parents over support
- High quality provision to meet the needs of children with SEN
- A focus on inclusive practice and removing barriers to learning
(Code of Practice 2015)
Inclusion Leader Contact Details:
SEN Administrator: Jacqui Batchelor